MRI Magnets Hurl Wheelchair Across Room

A patient's narrowly escapes serious injury after the strong magnets on an MRI scanner at Southampton General picked up a wheelchair, causing it to fly across the room.

It's after a nurse walked into the room with a metal wheelchair by mistake.

It's believed up to £20,000 in damage was caused.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Southampton General Hospital said:

“This incident was a result of human error by a member of our staff and, although no patients or staff were injured or affected, it is something we are taking very seriously and will continue to investigate to ensure all staff adhere to the stringent safety measures we have in place across the Trust.”

 

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

50 Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!