Unforgettable French Montana Feat. Swae Lee Download 'Unforgettable' on iTunes
Fire crews have dealt with a major thatch fire in Durley near Bishops Waltham.
Crews were called to Sciviers Lane just before 11am today (Friday April 19th)
Twelve fire engines with compressed air foam systems were brought in from Hightown, Wickham, Eastleigh, Fareham, Basingstoke and Botley.
The thatched property’s roof was destroyed - salvage operations are currently underway. The cause of rthe fire isn't known yet.
Around 90 staff in total were involved at the height of the fire. Crews are now damping down (4pm)
Area manager Andy Bowers said:
“Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service would like to urge owners of thatched properties to check and maintain the safety of their chimneys to try and minimise events.
"The majority of fires at thatched properties are started by sparks or heat transfer.
"It is crucially important that chimneys and flues are checked regularly by verified professionals. This will hopefully help in reducing these sorts of incidents.”