Child Is Burned By Superglue In Pub

1 June 2011, 13:08

A toddler suffered burns to her legs after someone covered a pub toilet seat with superglue in the Vanguard in Fareham town centre.

The three-year-old was on holiday with her family, on Saturday May 21, when she needed to use the toilet. Her father took her into the men's toilets in the Vanguard pub, but as soon as she'd been to the toilet the little girl
complained that her legs and buttocks were sore.

When her father looked at her legs he saw they were covered in blisters and sores. He took her to the Gosport War Memorial Hospital where she was treated for burns caused by contact with superglue that had been smeared on the toilet seat.

The incident took place between 11.50am and midday and police are appealing for anyone who was in the Vanguard at that time to contact them.

PC Sue White from Fareham Town Centre Unit said:

"This incident has been horrific for the young girl who was visiting Fareham during her holiday to Hampshire.

"This is an unusual and malicious incident which resulted in the three-year-old receiving hospital treatment. The glue on the toilet seat was placed there deliberately and police want to speak to anyone who
has any information about who did it.

"Did you notice anyone with glue or acting suspiciously in the toilets? If so we would like to hear from you as you may have information vital to this inquiry.."

The child has returned to her home in Thatcham, Berkshire, with her family and is recovering well.

Anyone with any information should contact PC Steph Wheeler at Park Gate police station on 0845 045 45 45 or call the anonymous Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111. Minicom users can use 01962 875000.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

70+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!