On Air Now
The Capital Late Show With Marvin Humes 10pm - 1am
Rule the Route 2016’ on Capital FM Scotland, October 2016
The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Radio’s ("Global Radio") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at http://www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions/ apply to ‘Rule the Route 2016’ radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from 10/10/16 (the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Capital FM.
Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and understood these Rules and the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
To enter the Competition an Entrant must listen to Capital FM Scotland weekday Drive show from 4pm – 7pm.
Each day in the Drive show listeners will be encouraged to text the studio to play.
Opening and closing times will be given out on air.
Listeners must text the studio when prompted to enter on 83958 with Keyword ROUTE and 1 entrant will be selected at random to come to air to play Rule The Route.
The ‘ROUTE’ is 10 moves in order of a sequence, that will be determined in advance by the Capital Scotland, and never changed.
One entrant will be selected to come to air each day and asked to give their sequence of 10 moves.
The caller has once chance to give their sequence to the presenter, as 10 selected moves in a row. This will then be locked in, and cannot be changed.
The caller must give the presenter their 10 move sequence, comprising of only 3 selected directions – RIGHT, LEFT, STRAIGHT ON.
Each move on the ‘ROUTE’ will be one of the following 3 directions - RIGHT, LEFT, STRAIGHT ON.
For each correct move accumulated in the order that it appears in the sequence the caller will be awarded £100. (for example – if the caller get 3 moves in a row correct, they will be awarded £300).
Once one wrong direction move is reached in the sequence the winner will no longer win any more money.
This will continue across the promotion with contestants recalling the previous moves and trying to make the right moves next.
The first person to guess the 10 move sequence in entirety, in order, will win £1000 cash and up to £10,000 to spend on a car at Arnold Clark.
The competition will continue until we have a winner.
If the 10 move sequence has not been guessed correctly following the execution on Thursday 3rd November, we will take multiple players to air on Friday 4th November, during the Drivetime show (4-7pm) until we have a winner, who guesses the 10 move sequence correctly.
In the event that this happens, callers on Friday 4th November will NOT be awarded £100 per correct move. They will be playing for the jackpot only.
All Entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Communicorp UK, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
The producer’s decision is final in all cases.
18s and over only
Winner must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
• Arnold Clark Automobiles Limited, whose registered office is at 454 Hillington Road, Glasgow, G52 4FH (“Arnold Clark”) will provide the winner (the first person to guess the 10 move sequence in its entirety, in order) with £10,000 to put towards the basic vehicle price of a car (as detailed on an Arnold Clark Vehicle Order Agreement / Order Form).
• The £10,000 can only be used for the purchase of 1 car and the order must be placed within 28 days of the winner being notified.
• There is no cash alternative for the £10,000 prize and if the full sum is not used the winner will not receive the difference / unspent portion.
• The prize can be used to allow someone nominated by the winner to purchase a car under the same terms however this must be agreed with Arnold Clark in advance of any order being placed
• The winner will also receive £1,000 in the form of a cheque posted within 28 days.