Man Rescued From Fire In Glasgow Flat

13 July 2016, 16:26

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service

Firefighters have rescued a man from a flat blaze in Glasgow.

Crews were called to reports of a fire in the third-floor flat in St Vincent Crescent, in the Finnieston area of the city, on Wednesday morning.

A man had to be rescued and was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary after appearing to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Two women were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "We received a 999 call shortly before 9am in which the caller reported seeing smoke coming from the upper floors of a tenement building in St Vincent Crescent.

"Four fire engines were immediately mobilised and firefighters reached the scene within five minutes.

"They found a fire within a third-floor property and a team in breathing apparatus tackled the flames using a high pressure jet.

"Our firefighters rescued a man and provided assistance to him and two women until paramedics arrived.

"The man appeared to be suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and after being assessed by ambulance personnel he was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.''

 

Shawn Mendes Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!