Step Up Mike Williams x Tom & Jame
Thousands of elite Commonwealth athletes competing for gold and glory next year will do so in packed stadia across Glasgow and Scotland
First details of the unprecedented levels of demand for the Glasgow 2014 Ticketing Programme to date were unveiled at a special event held on the stage of the iconic Clyde Auditorium, the venue for the Games Weightlifting and Powerlifting events on Monday 4th November Highlights of the Glasgow 2014 Ticketing Programme include:
· 92% of available public tickets are now sold
· 60% of tickets sold were £25 or under
· 22% of tickets have been sold to under 16s or over 60s
· 11 of 17 sports sold-out of available tickets
· Over 2.3 million tickets requested (with up to 30,000 customers trying to buy tickets on the website at the same time)
· Tollcross International Swimming Centre could have been filled 10 times over
· Remaining tickets on sale from 10.00am tomorrow, November 5th and HALF the remaining tickets are only £15 (£7.50 concessions)
Preliminary research also reveals that 57% of tickets were sold in Scotland (22% within Greater Glasgow), with a further 40% going to Home Nations sports fans.
A further 3% were sold outside the UK to non-Commonwealth nations.
Tickets to Commonwealth nations are from an additional pot, sold through the Commonwealth Games Associations themselves, which means the overall numbers of international visitors will rise.