Big For Your Boots Stormzy Download 'Big For Your Boots' on iTunes
7 January 2014, 13:39
Ant and Dec, Alan Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson are among the names being included in a new Hollywood-style Walk Of Fame on the Quayside.
Twenty of Newcastle and Gateshead's most notable and inspiring people have been chosen by the public to have their names cast in bronze on the pavements of the Quayside.
Sir Bobby Robson, Sting, Ant and Dec, Kathryn Tickell, Brendan Foster, Stephen Miller, Alan Shearer, Dame Margaret Barbour, Professor John Burn and Professor Peter Higgs, to name a few, will have their names immortalised at the heart of one of NewcastleGateshead's most popular visitor attractions.
NewcastleGateshead Local Heroes will take the form of a series of bronze plaques placed around the Newcastle and Gateshead Quaysides.
It will honour current and past individuals, either from or with strong links to the area, who have made a significant contribution to NewcastleGateshead or the wider world over the last 60 years.
Plaques will be laid in the New Year along the stretch of pavement from the Newcastle end of the Millennium Bridge to the Swing Bridge.
Across the river, they will continue along the Quayside to the Gateshead Millennium Bridge.
Full list of Local Heroes
* Sir Bobby Robson (Football legend and charity fundraiser)
* Sting (Singer)
* Ant and Dec (Presenters)
* Kathryn Tickell (Musician)
* Brendan Foster CBE (Long distance runner, Great North Run founder and Olympic medal winner)
* Stephen Miller (Paralympic athlete)
* Alan Shearer (Newcastle United footballer and pundit)
* Dame Margaret Barbour (Businesswoman)
* Professor John Burn (Professor of Clinical Genetics at Newcastle University)
* Professor Peter Higgs (Professor of Physics and Nobel Prize Winner)
* David Almond (Author, Skellig)
* Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais (Comedy writers, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
* Sirkka-Lisa Kontinnen (Photographer)
* Lindisfarne (Folk rock musical group, Fog On The Tyne)
* Robson Green (Actor, singer and TV presenter)
* Julia Darling (Novelist, poet and dramatist)
* Sister Winifred Laver (Dedicated her life to help the poor of Gateshead)
* Cardinal Basil Hume (Monk and former Archbishop of Westminster)
* Alderman Edward Cowen JP (Ned) (Campaigner for miners' rights)
* Doreen Jarding (Community activist in Blakelaw)
Further information about the nominated Local Heroes, including the contribution they have made to the city can be found HERE
Nominees needed to meet the following criteria: