Subeme La Radio Enrique feat. Matt Terry & Sean Paul Download 'Subeme La Radio' on iTunes
10 May 2011, 12:47
The body of a man was found in the bedroom of a house fire in Sunderland.
The fire started in the bedroom of the property in Millfield in the early hours of this morning.
Three people escaped before crews arrived, and fire-fighters wearing breathing apparatus later found the man dead in the bedroom.
The three were taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital by ambulance but were later discharged.
It's thought house wasn't fitted with smoke alarms.
Tyne and Wear Fire Service Group Manager John Allison said:
"Our thoughts and wishes are with the family and friends at this very sad time. Fires can have such devastating consequences as we have seen today.
"I would like to take the opportunity to encourage anyone who has not got smoke alarms to fit them in their property and for people to check they work on a weekly basis. They really can be the difference between life and death, providing early warning of a fire and vital minutes to escape."