Girl Dies After Choking At School

2 April 2012, 11:49

A 6 year old girl has died after choking on food at her school in Billingham.

Tributes have been paid by shocked parents at Pentland Primary School on Pentland Road in Billingham after Chantelle Firth died from choking on a piece of food on Thursday.

Police were called as a matter of routine to the incident and have told Capital FM the results of a post mortem showed Chantelle's death was caused by choking - they're not treating the matter as suspicious.

The girl was taken to the University Hospital of North Tees but doctors were unable to save her.

Parents at the school have been told about the tragedy. 

5 After Midninght - Up In Here Music Video

WATCH: 5 After Midnight Turn The Streets Of London Into A HUGE Party For Their 'Up In Here' Video

Snapchat Accounts Ariana Kim K Rita Ora

80+ Of The Biggest Celebrities You Really NEED To Add On Snapchat Today

Capital Metadata - Capital App March 2017

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App - My Capital!