Girl Dies After Choking At School

2 April 2012, 11:49

A 6 year old girl has died after choking on food at her school in Billingham.

Tributes have been paid by shocked parents at Pentland Primary School on Pentland Road in Billingham after Chantelle Firth died from choking on a piece of food on Thursday.

Police were called as a matter of routine to the incident and have told Capital FM the results of a post mortem showed Chantelle's death was caused by choking - they're not treating the matter as suspicious.

The girl was taken to the University Hospital of North Tees but doctors were unable to save her.

Parents at the school have been told about the tragedy. 

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

50 Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!