Rinse and Repeat Riton feat. Kah-Lo Download 'Rinse and Repeat' on iTunes
26 August 2013, 08:17
A 52-year-old man has died after an explosion at a house in Brandon, County Durham.
Firefighters found the body as they went into the property in Moor Edge on Sunday night.
A second man, 66, managed to get out. He was taken to hospital.
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service were called at 6.33pm.
On arrival crews found windows had been blown out on both the ground and first floors.
The roof was missing, with flames and smoke coming from the windows and the gap where the roof had been.
An investigation by the police and fire service is now underway.
Deputy Chief Fire Officer Stuart Errington said: "Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the gentleman at this tragic time.
"As a service we aim to protect and educate the members of our communities about the dangers of fire.
"At a time like this we are reminded of the dangers of fire and urge all residents to take up our offer of free Home Fire Safety Advice and to fit smoke alarms in their properties.''
He added: "If you already have a smoke alarm, remember to test it once a week.''