Ivor Novello Awards 2015: Ed Sheeran And Clean Bandit Among Big Winners
22 May 2015, 08:42
The likes of Alt-J and Ben Howard are also up for gongs in the songwriting and composing awards show.
Ed Sheeran had a huge night at the Ivor Novello Awards 2015 this year, after he won the prestigious Songwriter Of The Year Award last night (21st May) in London.
The 'Thinking Out Loud' star, who has seen both commercial and critical success over the past year with his album 'X', was given the huge accolade this week, while Clean Bandit and Hozier were other winners on the evening.
Clean Bandit won two Ivor Novellos in total, both for their single 'Rather Be', winning both Best Contemporary Song and PRS for Most Performed Work, whole Hozier' 'Take Me To Church' walked away with the award for Best Song Musically And Lyrically.
Other winners on the evening included Boy George and Black Sabbath.
Check out the nomination for the Ivor Novello Awards 2015 below:
Best Song Musically And Lyrically
- Bear's Den - 'Above The Clouds Of Pompeii'
- Ben Howard - 'I Forget Where We Were'
- Hozier - 'Take Me To Church' - WINNER
Best Contemporary Song
- Alt-J - 'Every Other Freckle'
- Clean Bandit Feat. Jess Glynne - 'Rather Be' - WINNER
- FKA Twiggs - 'Two Weeks'
PRS For Music Most Performed Work
- George Ezra - 'Budapest'
- Clean Bandit Feat. Jess Gynne - WINNER
- Sam Smith - 'Stay With Me'
- Wild Beasts - 'Present Tense'
- Royal Blood - 'Royal Bood'
- Bombay Bicycle Club - 'So Long, See You Tomorrow' - WINNER
Songwriter Of The Year
- Ed Sheeran - WINNER
You may also like...
WATCH: Sam Smith's INCREDIBLE Story To Date