On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Rob Ellis 6am - 10am
Two people have been taken to hospital suffering from burns after a faulty underground cable set off a series of small explosions in Cheshire.
The man and woman were treated for arm and facial injuries after the blasts near Crewe railway station.
Manhole covers were blown off in the incident in Nantwich Road at about 8.20pm.
It caused a power failure that led to the railway station being temporarily closed while emergency services made the area safe.
Passengers experienced delays as trains were held outside the station.
A Cheshire Police spokeswoman said: ``At this time police have no information to suggest anything suspicious has happened and are working with British Transport Police and utility companies to establish the cause.''
Scottish Power said the faulty cable belonged to the company and that 3,000 properties in the area around Crewe station lost power at around 8pm.
Power was restored to all but around 10 of the properties by 10pm.