Stockport Boy Injured In Firework Blast

A boy has suffered blast injuries to his hand after playing with fireworks.

Fire crews were called to Glebe Street, Offerton, at 5.32pm.

On arrival they found a 10 year old boy with burn and blast injuries to his left hand. Further investigation showed that he had suffered a partial amputation of the index finger and a split thumb.

It was noticed that illegal fireworks were being used in the area and the Fire Service quickly seized approximately 6 of the prohibited 'banger' type.

Please stay safe this Bonfire period, do not misuse fireworks and try to attend organised displays.

For further information on how to stay safe visit

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini

Do These New Pics Prove That Cheryl IS Pregnant With Liam Payne’s Baby After All?!

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!