Men Bailed Following Manchester Boy Rape

Two men arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage boy in Manchester city centre have been released on bail.

The 55 and 41 year olds, who were arrested last week, have been bailed until October.

The teenager was approached in the Arndale Centre on Saturday 2 June, by two men. After being told “come with us, do what we say and if you try to run we’ll get you”, he was taken to nearby Debenhams, marched into the toilets and raped.

Superintendent Stuart Ellison said: "The fact we have released these men on bail should not be seen as too significant.

"Our inquiries are progressing well and we have been overwhelmed by the response from members of the public.

"Quite rightly everyone felt a sense of shock and disgust when we put the details and images out last week. We share those feelings and remain as committed as ever to bringing the offenders to justice.

"We are continuing to act on all the information we have received and should there be any further developments we will keep people informed."

Anyone with information is asked to call North Manchester CID on 0161 856 3240 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

70+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!