Family Rescued From Wigan House Fire

20 January 2013, 09:45

A family of six, including four children, have been rescued from a fire at their home in Leigh.

Firefighters were called to the house on Gregory Street around 1:25am this morning (Sunday 20th Jan)

Crews from Leigh, Atherton and Hindley Fire Stations all arrived to put the flames out.

Neighbours managed to help three of the children to safety, but the two adults and another child were trapped in an upstairs bedroom.

They were all taken to Wigan Infirmary suffering from smoke inhalation.

The house has been badly damaged by the smoke.

It's thought the blaze was started in the kitchen - and could have been caused by an unattended chip pan.

Shawn Mendes Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!