On Air Now
The Capital Late Show With Marvin Humes 10pm - 1am
8 March 2018, 07:59
See Terms and conditions for Day in Dublin 2018
‘Capital’s Day in Dublin” Competition with Capital Liverpool, Thursday 8th March - Thursday 15th March 2018
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions which can be found at capitalfm.com (the “Event Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Event Terms and Conditions) apply to the ‘Capital’s Day in Dublin’ radio competition (the “Event") which will run Thursday 8th – Thursday 15th March 2018 on Capital Breakfast with Adam, Gemma & Dylan.
2. Anyone who joins the Event (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Event Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To register for the Competition an entrant must send a text starting with the word DUBLIN to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition. Standard network rates apply.
The text message line will open at 6am on Thursday 8th March, and will close at midday on Wednesday 14th March 2018. Entrants only need to register once between the opening and closing dates. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
For each competition round, two entrants who have registered will be invited in to the Capital Liverpool studio to pre-record with the breakfast show between 10am and midday on the day they have been randomly selected for. There will be 5 competition rounds in total. If a contestant cannot make it to the studio for the competition round they have been selected for, they will go back in to the draw and will be eligible for random selection again – they do not need to text DUBLIN to 83958 again.
4. In each competition round, two players will go head to head in a memory game. They will listen to audio clips recorded by Jonny Bongo, which will be describing the items he is packing in his suitcase. The contestants will go head to head to recall these items. The first contestant to say an incorrect item, repeat an item that has already been recalled by either contestant, or to not be able to recall an item, will lose and the other contestant will win.
5. The Producers Decision Is final.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
7. They will win a place for them, and for a plus one, on Capital Liverpool’s trip to Dublin for St Patrick’s Day. They will leave Liverpool on Saturday 17th March by coach, and return on Sunday 18th March in the evening.
The plus one guest also needs to be 18 years or older.
8. The prize includes a return ferry trip from Holyhead to Dublin, an overnight stay in the Glen Royal Hotel, and a trip to the Guinness Storehouse.
For the avoidance of doubt, there will be a coach pick-up service to and from the Ferry terminal. Winners will not need to make their own travel arrangements to and from Holyhead.
9. Everyone who comes on the trip will be expected to read the Listener Handbook provided by Capital Liverpool management and will be bound by the Code of Conduct for the trip. This will be distributed via email once the competition round has been won.
10. The Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize, including cash.
10. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion at any time.
11. Venues reserve the rights to implement their own security checks for which Global are not responsible for.
12. Proof of age may be required – unfortunately we may be unable to fulfil the prize if you cannot produce valid photo ID on request.
13. The event will be held in Dublin, but travel will be provided. The travel arrangements are at pre-arranged times – all winners will be expected to travel at these times, and it is their own responsibility to make sure they are at the pre-arranged location for coach pick ups and ferry crossings. If they miss any travel, then they are responsible for their own arrangements.
12. As part of the trip to Dublin, we will be visiting the Guinness Storehouse – please drink responsibly (see more at: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk).