Students Lose Everything After Radford Fire

9 April 2015, 06:09

Capital's been told 40 students lost all their possessions in a fire at a block of flats in Radford.

An evacuation was carried out at the student accommodation when the fire started last Monday.

Shahin Munir - from Nottingham University - has been speaking to Capital about what happened.

She said: "One girl that had come back broke down completely - watching her room go up in flames, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

"To see it all go up in flames - not just for the students themselves - but for those people who've put time and effort and money into it really is a big shame."

She's now raising money to help everyone affected replace their things - http://gogetfunding.com/project/nottinghamstudentfire

listen to ‘Nottingham student speaks out over Radford fire ’ on audioBoom

Shawn Mendes Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!