On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Dino, Pete & Tyles 6am - 10am
Fears over potential of asbestos in roof of old Thornton's factory.
Capital's been told a gas cylinder was the cause of an explosion and fire in a Derbyshire town this afternoon.
Around twenty-five firefighters were called to a disused factory on Derwent Street in Belper just after half-three - the roof of the old Thornton's factory was blown off by the explosion.
Firefighters are asking people in the area NOT to pick up or touch anything that may have been part of the factory roof as it potentially contains asbestos.
They say if anyone finds anything like that in their gardens or on the street they need to call police on 101, or the Environment Agency.