Sam Smith's 'In The Lonely Hour' Wins Fastest Selling Album Of 2014 So Far
The singer insists he 'isn't lonely anymore' after debut album tops the chart.
Sam Smith has scored the fastest selling album of 2014 so far with his debut LP 'In The Lonely Hour'.
The singer-songwriter thanked his fans on Twitter after the collection topped the album charts yesterday (2nd June), selling 101,000 copies.
I love you all so so much. Thank you to everybody who has purchased my album. I truly don't feel lonely anymore xxxx— SAM SMITH (@samsmithworld) June 1, 2014
The massive first-week sales figure also makes Smith's album the third best-selling of the year to date, behind Coldplay's 'Ghost Stories' and Paolo Nutini's 'Caustic Love'.
The star recently revealed that the record, which includes the Vodafone Big Top 40 number ones 'Money On My Mind' and 'Stay With Me', is about a man he was in love with.
He said: "'In The Lonely Hour' is about a guy that I fell in love with last year, and he didn't love me back. I think I'm over it now, but I was in a very dark place.
"I kept feeling lonely in the fact that I hadn't felt love before," he continued. "I've felt the bad things, and what's a more powerful emotion, pain or happiness?"
You may also like...
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- Good News For V Festival Fans – Earlybird Tickets For 2015 Go On Sale TODAY!
- iTunes Festival Line-Up 2014: The Script, Rudimental And Clean Bandit Confirmed!
- Beyonce Becomes Nancy Sinatra… In The NEW 'On The Run' Movie Trailer
- Example Confirms He's Heading Out On A UK Tour!
- Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran And Tinie Tempah To Play V Festival 2014
- The Vamps Announce Debut UK 2014 Tour And Support Acts - Tickets
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Add NEW ‘Rock Out With Your Socks Out 2015 Tour’ UK Dates