On Air Now
The Capital Weekender With Ministry of Sound 10pm - 6am
7 December 2011, 11:53
Katy Perry and LMFAO also proved popular with users on the social-networking website.
Rihanna's 'We Found Love' was the most-listened to song on Facebook this year, it's been announced.
The track, which was only released in September, came ahead of songs by the likes of Katy Perry and LMFAO on the social network's most popular social trends of 2011.
Katy's 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)' was at number two in the poll, while LMFAO's 'Sexy And I Know It' was at three.
Producer Skrillex had two songs – 'First Of the Year' and 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites' – inside the top six.
“2011 was also the rise of music producer Skrillex,” Facebook said.
“Although Skrillex has been around for years, his 2011 tour, a collaboration with Korn, and record label launch prompted a 76-fold increase in the number of people mentioning him in their status updates on Facebook.”
The top ten most-listened to songs on Facebook are:
1. 'We Found Love' by Rihanna and Calvin Harris
2. 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)' by Katy Perry
3. 'Sexy And I Know It' by LMFAO
4. 'Titanium' by David Guetta and Sia
5. 'First of the Year' by Skrillex
6. 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites' by Skrillex
7. 'Without You' by David Guetta and Usher
8. 'Stereo Hearts' by Gym Class Heroes and Adam Levine
9. 'Pumped Up Kicks' by Foster the People
10. 'Someone Like You' by Adele