WHAT A YEAR! Join Capital as we celebrate 2012 by looking at some of our favourite pictures from the last 12 months.
Madonna, Lady Gaga And Coldplay Among 2012's Top Grossing World Tours
The Queen of pop topped the list by over $80 million thanks to her 'MDNA' outing.
Madonna has been named as having the highest grossing world tour of 2012 with her 'MDNA' outing.
The 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' singer achieved $296.1 million performing for an average ticket price of $140, according to the new annual reports published by Pollstar.
Her closest competition came from Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band who grossed $210.2 million and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters in third with $186.4 million.
Coldplay's 'Mylo Xyloto' outing achieved $171.3 million putting them in fourth place and Lady Gaga rounding off the top five with $161.4 million.
The Rolling Stones also featured on the top 50 breakdown coming in at 33 despite only playing five gigs.
The top ten 2012 grossing world tours are as follows:
- Madonna - $296.1 million
- Bruce Spingsteen & The E Street Band – $210.2 million
- Roger Waters – $186.4 million
- Coldplay – $171.3 million
- Lady Gaga - $161.4 million
- Cirque du Soleil – Michael Jackson: The Immortal – $140.2 million
- Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw – $96.5 million
- Metallica - $86.1 million
- Elton John - $69.9 million
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers - $57.8 million
Meanwhile, Coldplay's performance at the Capital FM Summertime Ball 2012 back in June was recently named as the top Wembley moment of the year.
Today's Hot Searches
- zayn malik solo single
- zayn malik quits one direction
- louis tomlinson girlfriend breakup
- iggy azalea boob job
- celebrities without make-up
- rihanna new songs
- summer songs 2015
- ed sheeran rudimental bloodstream video
- when is the Summertime Ball
- ed sheeran uk tour
- new songs april
- best pop songs
- sexy music videos