Kylie Minogue Defends "Scapegoat" Miley Cyrus: "I Admire Her"
The 'Kiss Me Once' singer says she likes that artists like Miley and Rihanna are "unapologetic" about their actions.
Kylie Minogue has defends Miley Cyrus over criticism of her explicit music videos and performances and says she actually admires the 'Wrecking Ball' star for being unapologetic about her actions.
The 'Into The Blue' singer, who releases her new album 'Kiss Me Once' later this spring, says she believes he US star has become a "scapegoat" for a general change in people's perceptions about what is controversial.
"I admire people like Miley, like Rihanna, girls that are just, they are quite unapologetic about what they're doing," Kylie told Sky News this week. "Is it too much/ It depends on what your personal taste is.
"But she's definitely a scapegoat for what might be happening in the broader sense in pop music," she explained. "Let's not forget there's always been sex, drugs and rock and roll.
"But as you say, the guys seem to get away with it," Kylie added.
Miley Cyrus is currently taking her 'Bangerz' tour across North America.
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- Wireless Festival 2015 Line-Up: Drake, David Guetta & Nicki Minaj Headline - Saturday Sold Out!
- New Tour Alert! Jess Glynne's Hitting The Road This Autumn With New 2015 UK Tour Dates
- Iggy Azalea On Cancelling Her 'Great Escape' Tour: "I Had A Change Of Heart"
- Years & Years Announce New 2015 UK Tour Dates - Buy Tickets
- Jason Derulo's New 2016 UK Tour Dates Announced - Get Your Tickets Here!
- Take That Kick Off Their New Live UK Arena Tour With Explosive Song Setlist
- Get Well Soon! Sam Smith Cancels This Week's Australia Tour Dates To Rest Voice