Kylie Minogue Defends "Scapegoat" Miley Cyrus: "I Admire Her"
The 'Kiss Me Once' singer says she likes that artists like Miley and Rihanna are "unapologetic" about their actions.
Kylie Minogue has defends Miley Cyrus over criticism of her explicit music videos and performances and says she actually admires the 'Wrecking Ball' star for being unapologetic about her actions.
The 'Into The Blue' singer, who releases her new album 'Kiss Me Once' later this spring, says she believes he US star has become a "scapegoat" for a general change in people's perceptions about what is controversial.
"I admire people like Miley, like Rihanna, girls that are just, they are quite unapologetic about what they're doing," Kylie told Sky News this week. "Is it too much/ It depends on what your personal taste is.
"But she's definitely a scapegoat for what might be happening in the broader sense in pop music," she explained. "Let's not forget there's always been sex, drugs and rock and roll.
"But as you say, the guys seem to get away with it," Kylie added.
Miley Cyrus is currently taking her 'Bangerz' tour across North America.
Jessie J - 'Stay With Me' (Capital Live Session)
Jessie J - Stay With Me (Capital Live Session)
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- The Vamps Announce Their FIRST UK Arena Tour Dates For Spring 2015
- The X Factor Live Tour 2015 Dates On Sale Now!
- Usher's ‘The UR Experience’ 2015 UK Tour Dates Are On Sale NOW!
- Find Our Maroon 5's 2015 UK Tour Dates... Including A Newly Added London Show!
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Add ANOTHER UK DATE To ‘Rock Out With Your Socks Out 2015 Tour’
- Sam Smith Reveals His NEW 2015 UK Tour Dates... Find Out When He's Playing Near You!
- Maroon 5's 2015 UK Tour Dates: 16 Things To Expect From The Live Show