On Air Now
The Capital Late Show With Marvin Humes 10pm - 1am
See the results of our Twitter and Facebook poll to find Capital FM fans' greatest male music artist of 2011. Find out where Harry Styles, Labrinth and Ed Sheeran come in the top ten.
10. The 'Pass Out' rapper had a very successful year which started off with the release of Wonderman' and 'Simply Unstoppable' as the final two singles from his debut album 'Disc-Overy. Tinie spent much of 2011 working on his second full-length record and released 'Till I'm Gone', featuring Wiz Khalifa, as the new album's first single in June. The 'Written in the Stars' rapper rounded off 2011 with a UK arena tour and also featured on Labrinth's smash hit single 'Earthquake'.
9. Jason Derulo followed up his 2010 self-titled debut with the equally impressive 'Future History' in September 2011, preceded by lead single 'Don't Wanna Go Home'. The R&B star has gone on to release two more successful singles over the year with 'It Girl' and 'Fight For You', and also performed at the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball in December. Jason is planning to head back to the UK in 2012 ready to kick off his eight-date tour in March.
8. In less than two years Harry Styles has gone from being an unknown teenager to a household name thanks to his role in boy band One Direction. Despite finishing in third place on the ITV1 show's 2010 series, the five-piece band have gone on to achieve great success with the release of debut album 'Up All Night' and singles 'What Makes You Beautiful', 'Gotta Be You' and 'One Thing'. The boys arguably received the loudest cheers at Capital's Jingle Bell Ball in December and Harry himself became the first member of the band to top one million followers on Twitter in November.
7. The Tottenham-born rapper achieved massive success in 2011 thanks to the release of his debut album 'Black and White'. Wretch 32 first gained attention at the start of the year with 'Traktor' before roping in Example to feature on his follow-up single 'Unorthadox'. The 26 year-old rapper finally achieved chart gold in August when his track 'Don't Go', featuring Josh Kumra, topped the Vodafone Big Top Forty. Wretch is set to continue his chart reign in 2012 with work already underway on album number two and a UK tour planned to begin in March.
6. Example returned to the UK charts in a big way in June 2011 with the release of new single 'Changed The Way You Kissed Me', which showed off a much more dance-oriented sound for the Hammersmith-born rapper. The single topped the Vodafone Big Top Forty and preceded the release of Example's third studio album 'Playing In The Shadows'. The successful album has gone on two spawn two further singles in 'Stay Awake' and 'Midnight Run'. Example completed a UK tour to round off the year and recently announced his first arena tour starting in March 2012.
5. East London rapper Professor Green continued the huge success of UK rappers in 2011 with the release of his second album 'At Your Inconvenience'. Pro's released his first single of the year, 'Read All About It' featuring up-and-coming singer Emeli Sande, in October which shot straight to the top of the Vodafone Big Top 40. The rapper has reunited with his 'I Need You Tonight' collaborator Ed Drewett for the album's second single 'Never Be A Right Time' and is currently rounding off a tour of the UK before heading back on the road in April 2012.
4. After teasing fans with the release of debut single 'Let The Sun Shine' in 2010, record producer and rapper Labrinth finally struck out on his own in 2011 with the smash single 'Earthquake', which featured fellow London-based star Tinie Tempah. The Syco rapper is currently preparing for the release of first solo album 'The Gallery' which is expected in early 2012.
3. Bruno Mars continued his massive success from 2010 with a string of big releases over the course of this year, starting off with charmingly addictive single 'The Lazy Song' in February which topped the Vodafone Big Top Forty, which was followed by 'Marry You' in August as the final single from debut album 'Doo-Wops & Hooligans'. Bruno's year didn't end there though as the Hawaii-born singer contributed vocals to both Lil Wayne's 'Mirrors' the Bad Meet Evil track 'Lighters'. Bruno signed off 2011 by releasing 'It Will Rain' as part of the official soundtrack for 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part One'.
2. Olly Murs managed to top the success of his self-titled debut in 2011 with the release of second album 'In Case You Didn't Know'. The album has already spawned two Vodafone Big Top Forty number one singles in the form of 'Heart Skips A Beat' featuring hip-hop duo Rizzle Kicks and 'Dance With Me Tonight'. Olly had a busy year serving as co-host of The Xtra Factor with Caroline Flack but managed to fit time in to open this year's Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball.
1. Ed Sheeran has made a huge impact on the UK music scene since storming the charts with debut single 'The A Team'. The 20 year-old singer-songwriter continued to have a string of chart hits over the year with follow-up singles 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' and 'Lego House', and released his first full-length album '+' in September. Ed performed at Capital's Jingle Bell Ball in December and is due to embark on his first major tour of the UK in January 2012.