Ed Sheeran: "I Recorded 120 Songs For New Album"
The 'Give Me Love' singer speaks about tracks for his forthcoming record.
Ed Sheeran has revealed that he wrote 120 songs for his new album.
The 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' star spent much of the past year in the US and said it was a great place to pen tracks.
"I wrote a lot of stuff," he told Ryan Seacrest. "Over the course of the year, I wrote 120 songs.
"America is one of those countries where you have a lot of experiences and meet a lot of new people – it's not like rapping about road changes, but there are songs inspired by Nashville and things like that, and I took more influence from music here, I got to work with a lot of very cool people over here producer-wise."
Speaking about his time in the US, he added: "I was in America for 11-and-a-half months, which as an Englishman is quite a tough thing to do. I lived in Nashville for six months, I lived in L.A. for three months and New York for two."
Ed has worked with the likes of Pharrell Williams and Rick Rubin on his new album, with an announcement expected soon.
You may also like…
Sam Smith 'I'm Not The Only One'
Capital Live Session
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- Find Our Maroon 5's 2015 UK Tour Dates... Including A Newly Added London Show!
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Add ANOTHER UK DATE To ‘Rock Out With Your Socks Out 2015 Tour’
- Sam Smith Reveals His NEW 2015 UK Tour Dates... Find Out When He's Playing Near You!
- Maroon 5's 2015 UK Tour Dates: 16 Things To Expect From The Live Show
- "I'm Always Thinking About It!" We Chat To Taylor Swift About Her NEW Tour Plans!
- Ooooh Yeah! Ed Sheeran And Jessie J Added To iTunes Festival Line-Up 2014
- Good News For V Festival Fans – Earlybird Tickets For 2015 Go On Sale TODAY!