Ed Sheeran: "I Recorded 120 Songs For New Album"
The 'Give Me Love' singer speaks about tracks for his forthcoming record.
Ed Sheeran has revealed that he wrote 120 songs for his new album.
The 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' star spent much of the past year in the US and said it was a great place to pen tracks.
"I wrote a lot of stuff," he told Ryan Seacrest. "Over the course of the year, I wrote 120 songs.
"America is one of those countries where you have a lot of experiences and meet a lot of new people – it's not like rapping about road changes, but there are songs inspired by Nashville and things like that, and I took more influence from music here, I got to work with a lot of very cool people over here producer-wise."
Speaking about his time in the US, he added: "I was in America for 11-and-a-half months, which as an Englishman is quite a tough thing to do. I lived in Nashville for six months, I lived in L.A. for three months and New York for two."
Ed has worked with the likes of Pharrell Williams and Rick Rubin on his new album, with an announcement expected soon.
You may also like…
Live Top 10
2 Justin Bieber Love Yourself
4 Fleur East Sax
7 Olly Murs Kiss Me
9 MNEK feat. Zara Larsson Never Forget You
10 Adele Hello
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- Rihanna's Ready For World Domination With Her 2016 ANTI Tour
- Coldplay Just Announced Their 'A Head Full Of Dreams' 2016 Tour Dates! #ExcitedMuch
- Carly Rae Jepsen Is Heading Back To The UK For One Night Only!
- Justin Bieber’s Just Announced His ‘Purpose’ World Tour Dates 2016 – The Boy Is Back!
- BREAKING: Coldplay Just Added Themselves To Capital's Jingle Bell Ball With Coca-Cola Line-Up
- The Vamps' 2016 ‘Wake Up’ UK Tour Dates - Buy Tickets To The Boys’ New Live Shows
- Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball Just Got Even BIGGER - JUSTIN BIEBER Is Coming To The Ball!