Ed Sheeran: "I Recorded 120 Songs For New Album"
The 'Give Me Love' singer speaks about tracks for his forthcoming record.
Ed Sheeran has revealed that he wrote 120 songs for his new album.
The 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' star spent much of the past year in the US and said it was a great place to pen tracks.
"I wrote a lot of stuff," he told Ryan Seacrest. "Over the course of the year, I wrote 120 songs.
"America is one of those countries where you have a lot of experiences and meet a lot of new people – it's not like rapping about road changes, but there are songs inspired by Nashville and things like that, and I took more influence from music here, I got to work with a lot of very cool people over here producer-wise."
Speaking about his time in the US, he added: "I was in America for 11-and-a-half months, which as an Englishman is quite a tough thing to do. I lived in Nashville for six months, I lived in L.A. for three months and New York for two."
Ed has worked with the likes of Pharrell Williams and Rick Rubin on his new album, with an announcement expected soon.
You may also like…
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- New Tour Alert! Jess Glynne's Hitting The Road This Autumn With New 2015 UK Tour Dates
- Iggy Azalea On Cancelling Her 'Great Escape' Tour: "I Had A Change Of Heart"
- Years & Years Announce New 2015 UK Tour Dates - Buy Tickets
- Jason Derulo's New 2016 UK Tour Dates Announced - Get Your Tickets Here!
- Wireless Festival 2015 Line-Up: Drake, David Guetta & Nicki Minaj Headline - Friday Sold Out!
- Take That Kick Off Their New Live UK Arena Tour With Explosive Song Setlist
- Get Well Soon! Sam Smith Cancels This Week's Australia Tour Dates To Rest Voice