Chris Brown "Deserves A Second Chance" Says Grammys Executive Producer

16 February 2012, 14:58

The 'Turn Up The Music' star made a controversial return to the award ceremony on Sunday.

The Grammy Awards executive producer Ken Ehrlich has reportedly defended his decision to invite Chris Brown back to the 2012 ceremony.

The 'With You' singer made his return to the event on Sunday (12th February) three years after he was handed a felony charge for an incident involving his then girlfriend Rihanna during a pre-Grammys party.

Ken reportedly told ABC News: "It may have taken us a while to kind of get over the fact that we were the victim of what happened.

"We're glad to have him back.  I think people deserve a second chance, you know?"

The producer went on to add that Chris' numerous public apologies and willingness to redeem himself is the reason he made his decision.

"What he's done and what he's done to reclaim his career and seemingly the kind of person that he has become makes him - I don't even want to use the word eligible - but you know, it's time," he added.

The singer won the award for Best R&B Album on the night and his appearance sparked controversy on Twitter and amongst other celebrities, and the star eventually hit back himself on the social networking site saying that it was "strange how we pick and choose who to hate".

Meanwhile, the star is set to unveil the official music video for his new song 'Turn Up The Music' after posting a behind the scenes sneak peak earlier this week.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

70+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!