Silence (Tiesto Remix) Marshmello feat. Khalid Download 'Silence (Tiesto Remix)' on iTunes
27 February 2013, 14:52
The late singer's husband Blake Fielder Civil says he was the first person to introduce the star to heroin.
Amy Winehouse's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil has opened up about the late singer's death and his own role in getting her addicted to heroin.
The 'Tears Dry On Their Own' singer died back in summer 2011 from alcohol poisoning, after widespread coverage of her drug addiction, and Blake has now spoken out about his role and feelings in a new interview this morning (27th February).
Blake appeared on The Jeremy Kyle Show today alongside girlfriend Sarah Aspin, after successfully completing a stint in rehab, and said Amy would never have taken the drug without his involvement.
"I've admitted I was there when she had it the first time," Blake revealed, during a confession on The Jeremy Kyle Show this week. "It was my doing, I don't think she would have ever experienced it without me."
He said the pair were in a hotel in East London when the singer asked if she could try the drug.
"I might have put up a weak resistance, the fact is whatever I said she die end up having some," he added.
Blake then went on to admit he "regrets" his role in introducing the 'Back To Black' singer to more drugs, and the effect it has had on both of their families.
"I have to be really sort of conscious about what I say, I don't want to feel like I'm shirking responsibility, the fact is what I'm saying is, of course I regret it," Blake admitted. "Not just because of the damage it's caused Amy and the loss of life, but the damage to her family but also to my family and also to me."
When asked by the show's host whether he feels being introduced to the drug had been a turning point in Amy's life, Blake agreed.
Check out a picture of Amy's parents Mitch and Janis Winehouse representing the singer at the BRIT Awards 2013 earlier this week below (Credit: PA):
In January this year a second inquest into the death of Amy Winehouse confirmed she had died of accidental alcohol poisoning.
Amy Winehouse's parents Mitch and Janis Winehouse attended the BRIT Awards 2013 last week to represent their daughter, who was nominated for British Female Solo Artist.