Adele announces tour dates
2011 is already proving to be a great year for Adele and now she's revealed she's going on tour.
Fans and celebrities around the world are loving Adele's latest work and there's been tweets galore of support. Recent tweets have come from Lily Allen and Lindsay Lohan.
Lohan wrote, "I love Adele's Rumor Has It off her new record.... Such a good vibe to it... makes me happy."
And it seems Lily is a fan too: "So happy for Adele, So good when good things happen to nice people. CONGRATULATIONS ADELE on being No1EVERY xxxxxx WHERE (sic)!"
Tour dates: You will have to wait until September to see Adele. The dates we can reveal so far are:
It’s been an incredible start to the year for Adele, following on from the success of her critically acclaimed #1 album ‘21’ Adele has announced new tour dates for September 2011.
The full dates are:
- Sun 4th September – Plymouth - Pavillions
- Mon 5th September – Bournemouth - BIC
- Wed 7th September - Cardiff – International Arena
- Thurs 8th September - Blackpool – Empress Ballroom
- Sat 10th September - Wolverhampton – Civic Hall
- Sun 11th September - Wolverhampton – Civic Hall
- Tues 13th September - Leicester – De Montford Hall
- Weds 14th September - Newcastle – O2 Academy
- Fri 16th September- Manchester – Manchester Apollo
- Sat 17th September - Manchester – Manchester Apollo
- Mon 19th September – Hammersmith Apollo
- Thurs 22nd September – Royal Albert Hall
- Sat 24th September – Edinburgh – Usher Hall
- Sun 25th September – Glasgow – O2 Academy
Adele’s new album ‘21’ has had phenomenal global chart success. In the UK ‘21’ is entering its third week at #1 in the official album chart selling over 500,000 copies. ‘Rolling In The Deep’, Adele’s first single from the new album charted at #2 and is currently still in the UK top 5. Adele will also be taking to the stage tonight for her performance at this years BRIT Awards.
Adele’s album ‘21’ was recorded mostly in Malibu with the legendary Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele cites Wanda Jackson, Yvonne Fair, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others as key influences on “21”.
Pre-sale tickets will go on sale exclusively to fans from Adele.tv on Wednesday 16th February at 10.00am GMT. General tickets will be available on Friday 18th February at 9:00am
Call the Capital Ticketline on 0330 33 33 123
Adele will be performing tonight (Tuesday 15th February) at the BRIT Awards at London's O2 Arena.